Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday, at LAST...

Oh my GOD, this week has DRAGGED...

First of all, the Red Sox won, they fucking WON, HOLY SHIT, THEY PULLED IT OFF!! Never saw that one coming. I really didn't. If they manage to win the ALCS, they deserve the title of The Comeback Kings.

S. is a coward. He is choosing to completely avoid me like the ass that he is. (Which is actually nice for me, no tension in the office and I don't have to look at his pathetic sorry ass all day.) But for Christ's sake, GROW SOME BALLS and face the music. Period, THE END, as Misty would say.

I'm feeling pretty good today, planning for Halloween, even left the FH a voicemail to ask him to call C. on 10/20 to wish her good luck in b-ball tryouts, and tell him a funny story about J. It was all on VM, as, again, I seem to have a knack for being involved with men devoid of spines and testicles. Whatever. I'm doing the right thing, trying to be a good person. My family gets upset when I do things like that, but I can't exclude him from the kids' lives, and it only benefits the kids if he knows more. Besides, I'm the one that has to live with myself, and try to sleep at night, and look at myself in the mirror every morning. So I'm going to do what I feel is right. As long as I don't expect others (*ahem*) to act as I would, I'll be fine. No expectations, no disappointment. I am "managing my expectations" as old Pete would have said. It certainly helps.

Oh, and on my way in to the office today, I passed Joe Wakefield in his truck, he pulled out behind me and followed me for a few minutes. Speaking of men with no cajones...

Here's to the SOX and a great weekend coming up!

No comments: