Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thank God this week's almost over...

Thank God, thank God, thank God.



I have felt like absolute ASS all week -- headaches, fatigue, the night sweats are KILLING me (no such thing as a good night's sleep when you have those), my body has been so stiff and sore. Not to mention I am emotionally beat up and drained.



I am looking forward to getting away to the Inn this weekend and spending some really good quality time with the kids. It'll be fun, and we all really need it.



I am just SO SICK of people right now. OK, not "people", per se, but MEN. OK, and not ALL men, but a few in particular. The ex, who only calls when he feels like it, which is usually at the most inconvenient time of the day, when no one can talk. And never answers my questions, you know, the really important ones like "Have you booked travel arrangements for the holidays yet?" YEAH.



And N. I was thinking about it, and this one really pisses me off. One day it's all hot and heavy, then it's "whoa, gotta back up a bit, I'm not a 'relationship' tupe of guy..." then it's "I still want to see you and get together, I think we have a lot of fun, let's go out Thursday night", then I'm STOOD UP, then I get RANDOM TEXT MESSAGES. The last of which read (after I sent him one congratulating him on a new job he landed -- found out through mutual friends), and I quote: "Thanks. I'm pretty happy for me too." That was about 3 weeks ago, and I haven't heard from him since. He can rot in hell.



Along with S. You know, the MARRIED man who kept me hanging on as long as he possibly could, then fell to pieces when he thought I was "pulling away" from him, so I began to let my guard down, then -- WHACK! "Oh hey, yeah, I know I said I was 'done' and all with my marriage, and I was looking forward to spending time with you once I left and was on my own, but hey, now she actually wants to do all the sexual things I have wanted for so long, so I don't need you or the fantasy of you anymore. I'm done with that, I used you to give me hope and feed my ego, but she has come around to my ideas, so I don't need you anymore. Unless, of course, I find out later that she really isn't game and she is just putting on a charade. Then I'll want you again." YEEEEEAAAAAAAAH.



OK, trying to put these all in perspective and learn my lessons. No selfish, narcissistic assholes. (Is that redundant?) Check. No men looking for another "mommy" to take care of THEM. Check. No married men. Check. (That was an admittedly stupid thing to ever even contemplate. He basically wooed me and talked me into believing it was all okay and going to be okay, but I can't completely blame him. I am my own person, I made up my own mind, and I am responsible for my own actions. I behaved like an idiot, ignored the warning signs and my own morals/conscience, and I got burned. Serves me right. But he is still a selfish prick.) No more men that have the words "Damaged Beyond Repair" across their foreheads. Check. No men that still live with their mothers. Check. No men that have never been married and are over the age of 40. Check. I could probably go on, but I'll stop at that.



No comments: